Wednesday, February 27, 2013
We've thrown out a few book titles here and there for the months to come. Do you have favorites that you'd like to suggest for us to read? Or other titles you've been wanting to hit but haven't had a chance to tackle yet?
Here are some starters:
- Yoga Bitch, by Suzanne Morrison
- Care Of The Soul, by Thomas Moore
- 21st Century Yoga, ed. by Roseanne Harvey and Carol Horton
- Nina Here Nor There, by Nick Krieger
- Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World, by Jane McGonigal
- The Inner Tradition of Yoga, by Michael Stone
- One City, by Ethan Nichtern
- Your Emotions Won't Save You, by Ethan Nichtern
- When Things Fall Apart, by Pema Chodron
- Fierce Medicine, by Ana Forrest
- Shop Work as Soul Craft, by Matthew B. Crawford
- Jesus In The Lotus, by Russill Paul
Please leave any and all suggestions — they don't have to be blatantly about yoga, at all, seriously — here in the comments, and we'll keep a running list going.
Monday, February 25, 2013
You can now write our upcoming meetings for The Roots Book Club in big black sharpie in your calendar.
Plan on every 2nd Tuesday of the month:
July 9th, etc.
— all at OMpower Cycling and Yoga.You get the picture. Save the dates, loves.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
It's official: our March book club selection will be Hell-Bent: Obsession, Pain, and the Search for Something Like Transcendence in Competitive Yoga by Benjamin Lorr.
We'll meet on Tuesday, March 12th, 7pm @ OMpower Cycling and Yoga.
Psyched. Start reading!